What is the Bible Blast Program?
The Bible Blast Program is a Pennsylvania state approved program which allows public school students to be dismissed from school for religious instruction. Students must have parental permission to participate. Bible Adventure is not illegal in any state, but laws and restrictions vary from state to state.
- Grace Church will be offering the program for Shrewsbury Elementary School students in the 2019-20 School Year
- Bible Adventure Program will be held on Wednesday’s from 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM at Grace Church Shrewsbury. The first meeting will be on September 25th!
- REGISTER ONLINE HERE
What Happens at Bible Blast Program?
Students are dismissed from public school at a designated time each week for up to 30 weeks during each school year. They are transported or walked to a nearby church or other facility for classes. Class time is structured into three main parts:
- singing and announcements
- a Bible lesson
- reciting selected scripture passages during small group time
The Benefits of the Bible Blast Program
The Benefits for Your Children
Enrolling your child in the Bible Blast benefits him or her in many ways. The National Council on Crime and Delinquency did a study on Bible Blast classes that found the following:
- “A comparative review of all 4th and 5th graders involved in this program perform better than their classmates as a whole in almost every category”;
- “Bible Blast students improved after one year in three categories of literacy skills: comprehension, spelling, and vocabulary”;
- “The program also provides youth with strong adult mentorship and bonding, and reinforces positive moral and character development in an environment where teachers and administrators struggle with unruly students.”
Students who participate in Bible Blast are being educated far beyond their peers who don’t attend. These are just a few of the proven benefits that Bible Blast has provided to students.
- Bible instruction—Bible lessons are taught simply and clearly, incorporating an understandable Bible principle for the child to practice. We don’t want to overwhelm children with too much instruction at once. The lessons we’ve developed allow children to grasp and apply a simple principle before moving onto the next one. The teaching of biblical principles by caring adult role models results in both spiritual and academic growth.
- Bible memory work– God’s memorized Word is a valuable resource to the mind and heart for life. Scripture memory develops mental sharpness and equips children to live in the abundant life God offers.
- Character instruction– Good character qualities and attitudes are modeled and taught, with encouragement for the child to make them personal habits. Spiritual and character training equips children to make good choices in a culture that often promotes less than God’s best.
- Relationships– Beneficial bonds of friendship, trust, and affirmation are established between your child and at least one caring adult.
- Learning skills– Practice at listening, memorizing, thinking, and processing along with positive social interaction strengthens the same skills that are vital to public school education.
The Benefits for the Parents
The instruction of moral values that you provide your child at home are affirmed in Bible Adventure/CIA by caring adult volunteers who intentionally invest in your child.
Your child can learn in a safe environment. Bible Blast is also a spiritually safe environment in which children can openly ask questions about God, the Bible, and the Christian faith.
You have the opportunity to serve as a volunteer in your child’s Bible Blast class, thus giving you the chance to be involved with your child during the school day.
The Benefits for Volunteers
Bible Blast has a Great Commission focus so that you can fulfill your purpose as a follower of Christ (Ephesians 2:10, Matthew 28:18-20).
Volunteering for Bible Blast provides weekly opportunities to invest into the next generation, so that we will ignite a generation that seeks God.
Bible Blast provides opportunity to serve using your gifts. It provides you with fellowship in a group of believers who also love children and are seeking spiritual growth. Bible Blast enhances your spiritual growth through the renewing of your mind as you memorize scripture along with your students.
Bible Blast allows you to experience God as you lead children into a saving relationship with Jesus.