Welcome to the 11th year of the BIG ministry!
Students Grades 5-8
Friday Nights from 7:00 – 9:00 PM (doors open at 6:30 PM)
Admission is $3 or 3 Non-perishable food items
BIG FRIDAY’S THIS SPRING!
- January 15: Jesus’ Belated Birthday Party, BIG Gift Exchange, & Dodgeball
- January 29: BIG Arena Football – Wear you favorite teams gear!
- February 12: BIG Valentines. All kinds of 2-on-2 contests/games/prizes
- February 26: Miami ICE BIG Beach Volleyball (wear your Hawaiian Shirts)
- March 12: BIG March Madness Basketball – Wear you favorite teams gear!
- March 26: BIG Ultimate Easter Egg Hunt & Dodgeball
- April 9: Glow-in-the-Dark Soccer
- April 23: GaGa Ball / Mat Ball – RetroNight
- May 7: Street Hockey / Floor Hockey
- May 21: Dodgeball – End of the Year PARTY! – Military Appreciation Night
***Along with all the normal small games, foursquare, arts & crafts, video games, pool tables, fooseball, air hockey, and a full snack bar.
What happens at Big?
CRAZY GAMES AND PRIZES
Like putting pantyhose over your head and trying to eat a banana
Relevant topics designed to help middle schoolers handle difficult situations and issues that are reinforced with scripture and pointing to Jesus Christ.
BIG ACTIVITIES AND FUN
Whether its participating in the BIG game upstairs (dodgeball, floor hockey, arena football, etc.), having fun at the video gaming center (65 inch TV’s), creating masterpieces in our very own Art Studio, or playing pool, air hockey, fooseball, or just hanging out with friends.
Students are able to purchase snacks and refreshments at the snack bar, which offers free popcorn, drinks, french fries, chicken nuggets, ice cream, assorted candy, and occasionally, Pizza.
WHY WE DO IT
The purpose BIG in the Basement is to offer a group of kids in our community a place to hang out and be themselves with people who truly care about them. We show and teach the unconditional love and forgiveness of Christ.
We believe that students today need as much “normalcy” as possible during the time in which we live. That is why we have implemented the following steps to make BIG happen this year.
- Masks are REQUIRED for all students and staff. If there is an underlying condition as to why your student can not wear a mask, please let us know upon check-in and exceptions will be made. Students will not have to wear their mask while eating in the cafe area.
- All staff and students will have their temperature taken before they enter the building to ensure they do not have a fever. If they have a temp of 99.5 or higher, they will not be allowed entrance.
- If your student does not feel well, or did not attend school that day, please do not send them to BIG.
- Hand-sanitization will be required upon entry and sanitization stations will be set up for easy access through out the night
- All tables, chairs, equipment, etc. will be properly sanitized before and after BIG, and all rooms will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized during the 14 days in-between BIG events.
- Students will be encouraged to socially distance as much as possible, however we recognize that it can not happen all the time.
- Games and activities will practice social distancing and be outside as much as possible.
- You MUST complete the BIG waiver/release for communicable diseases including COVID19 (link below) before your student can attend BIG for the 2020-21 school year.
- No electronic devices will be permitted at BIG. This includes cell-phones, tables, I-anything, etc. Please leave them at home. We promise, you won’t be bored.
- You MUST register ONLINE before you come to BIG and it MUST be filled out and signed by an adult/parent.
- Parents MUST come inside to sign out/ get their student at the end of the night. Students will not be allowed to leave the building without a parent/guardian.
***You must fill out and submit BOTH forms before your child can attend BIG.***