Welcome to the 11th year of the BIG ministry!
Students Grades 5-8
Friday Nights from 7:00 – 9:00 PM (doors open at 6:30 PM)
Admission is $3 or 3 Non-perishable food items
BIG Week – July 12-16!
For INCOMING 5th-8th Grade Students
- Monday, July 12 – GaGaBall & Dodgeball
- Tuesday, July 13 – Street Hockey & Floor Hockey
- Wednesday, July 14 – Flag Football & Arena Football
- Thursday, July 15 – Various Outdoor Games & Basketball
- Friday, July 16 – GaGaBall & Dodgeball
***Along with all the normal small games, foursquare, arts & crafts, video games, pool tables, fooseball, air hockey, and a full snack bar.
What happens at Big?
CRAZY GAMES AND PRIZES
Like putting pantyhose over your head and trying to eat a banana
Relevant topics designed to help middle schoolers handle difficult situations and issues that are reinforced with scripture and pointing to Jesus Christ.
BIG ACTIVITIES AND FUN
Whether its participating in the BIG game upstairs (dodgeball, floor hockey, arena football, etc.), having fun at the video gaming center (65 inch TV’s), creating masterpieces in our very own Art Studio, or playing pool, air hockey, fooseball, or just hanging out with friends.
Students are able to purchase snacks and refreshments at the snack bar, which offers free popcorn, drinks, french fries, chicken nuggets, ice cream, assorted candy, and occasionally, Pizza.
WHY WE DO IT
The purpose BIG in the Basement is to offer a group of kids in our community a place to hang out and be themselves with people who truly care about them. We show and teach the unconditional love and forgiveness of Christ.
We believe that students today need as much “normalcy” as possible during the time in which we live. That is why we have implemented the following steps to make BIG happen this year.
- Masks are NOT REQUIRED for students and staff, but are optional.
- If your student does not feel well, or did not attend school that day, please do not send them to BIG.
- Hand-sanitization will be required upon entry and sanitization stations will be set up for easy access through out the night
- All tables, chairs, equipment, etc. will be properly sanitized before and after BIG, and all rooms will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized.
- You MUST complete the BIG waiver/release for communicable diseases including COVID19 (link below) before your student can attend BIG for the 2020-21 school year.
- No electronic devices will be permitted at BIG. This includes cell-phones, tables, I-anything, etc. Please leave them at home. We promise, you won’t be bored.
- You MUST register ONLINE before you come to BIG and it MUST be filled out and signed by an adult/parent.
- Parents MUST come inside to sign out/ get their student at the end of the night. Students will not be allowed to leave the building without a parent/guardian.
***You must fill out and submit BOTH forms before your child can attend BIG.***